Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Performance monitoring and profiling of Jenkins, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

Yourkit profiler build #429 crashes machine

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

Yourkit profiler build #429 crashes machine

Postby saqibsaleem » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:29 pm

I am running Java5 RC. Before build #427 (I think) I could not run the UI under java5. Now, when I try to run it, the UI half appears and then hangs the entire machine. The only way to get around this is to do a hard reboot. Has anyone else experienced this?
saqibsaleem

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:57 pm

Actually it's not possible that pure Java program crashes your operation system. If it happens, I see two possible reasons:

1. Something wrong with your hardware (for instance, with RAM)
2. Profiler consumes 100% of CPU and it looks like a hangup of whole computer. In this case please take a JVM thread dump (by launching profiler from console "JAVA_EXE -Xmx256m -jar ..\lib\yjp.jar") and send it to us.
Last edited by Vladimir Kondratyev on Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vladimir Kondratyev

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:58 pm

Are you using Linux or Windows? Please provide us full output of "uname -a" or "ver" command.
Vladimir Kondratyev

Postby saqibsaleem » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:20 am

I am running windowsXP, here is the output of ver:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

I cannot get a thread dump as it locks up the machine as soon as I start, the CPU goes through the roof.
As you can probably guess, I have recently installed SP2 ...
saqibsaleem

Return to Java Profiler