removing profiler agent through command line

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
VARTIKA

removing profiler agent through command line

Post by VARTIKA »

Hi there,

I have a requirement where in I have to attach a profiler to running jvm. I can see the command to attach a profiler but can not find a way to remove the agent without restarting the jvm. Is there any way to remove it once I am done with my analysis.

Best Regards,
Vartika
Anton Katilin

Re: removing profiler agent through command line

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello Vartika,

There is no way to unload the agent from the JVM. The overhead of having the agent loaded is negligible unless you explicitly run heavy weight profiling activities.

Best regards,
Anton
VARTIKA

Post by VARTIKA »

Thanks for a quick reply Anton. Is there any option to ssh to remote jvm without restarting the jvm with agent through command line ? I can see ssh connection option in UI but couldn't find anything similar for command line.

Thanks,
Vartika
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello Vartika,

You can manually ssh to the remote host and use the console attach wizard:
https://www.yourkit.com/docs/java/help/ ... wizard.jsp

Best regards,
Anton
VARTIKA

Post by VARTIKA »

Yes but for that Your kit has to be installed on remote serve . I was wondering if I can use the listen startup option to attach a agent from local as I was able to do via ui using ssh tunnel option. But I don't see any option to specify user name, password , java path via command line while using the listen option.
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Yes but for that Your kit has to be installed on remote serve .
No. You just need to download and unpack corresponding archive file. Please follow the instructions.
I was wondering if I can use the listen startup option to attach a agent from local as I was able to do via ui using ssh tunnel option.
The attach wizard allows to specify startup options. There is a dedicated step for that.
But I don't see any option to specify user name, password , java path via command line while using the listen option.
There is no user name or password among agent options. In the UI you were asked to provide them in order to let the profiler UI connect via SSH. If you want to do that without the profiler, you should SSH yourself via ssh command or any other tool you use for that purpose.