Profile remote application not able to authenticate

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
nanotroy

Profile remote application not able to authenticate

Post by nanotroy »

I'm trying to use YourKit 2019.1-b133 to profile a remote Java application. I'm able to SSH into the server via the Mac Terminal without issue using the command

Code: Select all

ssh -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa [email protected]
(but with the real username and ip address obviously). However, when I enter the same information in YourKit GUI after clicking on "Profile remote Java EE server or application...", it says "Failed to authenticate to [email protected]." I checked 10+ times that I've entered everything correctly, I've tried with and without SSH Tunnel, I've tried the "simple" discovery method instead of "advanced", and nothing works. The only thing I can get besides the "Failed ..." message is "Connecting..." indefinitely if I enter the same information for both the SSH tunnel and "Advanced" application discovery method.

Is anyone able to help me troubleshoot?
Anton Katilin

Re: Profile remote application not able to authenticate

Post by Anton Katilin »

Did you specify the key ~/.ssh/id_rsa in the connection dialog under "Authentication settings..."?
nanotroy

Post by nanotroy »

Anton Katilin wrote:Did you specify the key ~/.ssh/id_rsa in the connection dialog under "Authentication settings..."?
Yes, although I used the absolute path instead since there's an error finding the file if I use the path with the tilde in it. Eg:

Code: Select all

/Users/myaccount/.ssh/id_rsa
I also included the passphrase for the private key and have triple checked that I got it right.
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Could you please send the profiler log file ~/.yjp/log/profiler-ui-<PID>.log to [email protected]