Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Performance monitoring and profiling of Jenkins, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

Profile remote application not able to authenticate

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

Profile remote application not able to authenticate

Postby nanotroy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:42 pm

I'm trying to use YourKit 2019.1-b133 to profile a remote Java application. I'm able to SSH into the server via the Mac Terminal without issue using the command
Code: Select all
ssh -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa user@123.123.123.123
(but with the real username and ip address obviously). However, when I enter the same information in YourKit GUI after clicking on "Profile remote Java EE server or application...", it says "Failed to authenticate to user@123.123.123.123." I checked 10+ times that I've entered everything correctly, I've tried with and without SSH Tunnel, I've tried the "simple" discovery method instead of "advanced", and nothing works. The only thing I can get besides the "Failed ..." message is "Connecting..." indefinitely if I enter the same information for both the SSH tunnel and "Advanced" application discovery method.

Is anyone able to help me troubleshoot?
nanotroy

Re: Profile remote application not able to authenticate

Postby Anton Katilin » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:54 am

Did you specify the key ~/.ssh/id_rsa in the connection dialog under "Authentication settings..."?
Anton Katilin

Postby nanotroy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:20 pm

Anton Katilin wrote:Did you specify the key ~/.ssh/id_rsa in the connection dialog under "Authentication settings..."?

Yes, although I used the absolute path instead since there's an error finding the file if I use the path with the tilde in it. Eg:
Code: Select all
/Users/myaccount/.ssh/id_rsa

I also included the passphrase for the private key and have triple checked that I got it right.
nanotroy

Postby Anton Katilin » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:53 am

Could you please send the profiler log file ~/.yjp/log/profiler-ui-<PID>.log to support@yourkit.com
Anton Katilin

Return to Java Profiler