Cannot connect to profiler agent via GUI client

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
francissam

Cannot connect to profiler agent via GUI client

Post by francissam »

I have been troubleshooting connection issues between my local GUI client and my remote profiler agent.

After setting up port forwarding on my machine between the remote profiler agent's port and my local port, I can view its stats in my browser just fine and everything there looks legit.

However, when I try to profile it in my local GUI client, it always says "No applications found." I tried both ways in the UI to no avail. First way was by using the tab "SSH Tunnel" through a bastion to a remote host and remote port 10001, and "Test Connection" in the UI showed the connection was successful through the bastion. The second way was by connecting to 127.0.0.1 and specifying local port 31725 after port forwarding had been separately set up on my machine. Both ways failed, even though I could see the stats successfully by viewing and refreshing http://localhost:31725 in my browser.

I've searched your forum and applied the suggestions of increasing timeout on both the agent startup and client side to no avail. That is, I followed the instructions in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5209&start=15#p56529

I've emailed you my agent and client logs separately by email. Would greatly appreciate your help looking into this.
Anton Katilin

Re: Cannot connect to profiler agent via GUI client

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello.

We've answered your email.

Best regards,
Anton
jayerb

Re: Cannot connect to profiler agent via GUI client

Post by jayerb »

{
"allocationRecording" : false,