Exception when trying to profile with IntelliJ IDEA

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
keithkml

Exception when trying to profile with IntelliJ IDEA

Post by keithkml »

When I try to profile an application in IntelliJ IDEA, with the plugin that YourKit installed, I get the message every time:

Exception in thread "YJP RequestServer" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no yjpagent in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1682)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:992)
at com.yourkit.runtime.RequestServer.startServerImpl(RequestServer.java:189)
at com.yourkit.runtime.RequestServer.access$000(RequestServer.java:17)
at com.yourkit.runtime.RequestServer$1.run(RequestServer.java:58)

I think this might be because I pass a -Djava.library.path to my application.

I can fix this by adding "C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Lea\Desktop\yjp-3.0-eap-build427\bin" to the java.library.path property.

Is this the place to report bugs like this, or is there a bug report form I should use?
Vladimir Kondratyev

Re: Exception when trying to profile with IntelliJ IDEA

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

Thank you very much for reporting this issue.
keithkml wrote:I think this might be because I pass a -Djava.library.path to my application.
Couldn't you please send us full output from IDEA console (including the string which is generated by IDEA to launch your application)
keithkml wrote:Is this the place to report bugs like this, or is there a bug report form I should use?
Yes. It's possible to report bugs here or send bug reports to [email protected]
keithkml

Post by keithkml »

Here is the IDEA command line:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\bin\java" -ea -Xcheck:jni -Djava.library.path=lib -Xrunyjpagent:port=10001,sessionname=PartyPad^s(launched^sfrom^sIDEA) -Didea.launcher.port=7533 "-Didea.launcher.library=C:\Program Files\IDEA-EAP\bin\breakgen.dll" -Dfile.encoding=windows-1252 -classpath "C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Lea\My Documents\Devel\PartyPad\classes;C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Lea\My Documents\Devel\java-synaptics\java-synaptics\source\classes;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\charsets.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\deploy.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\javaws.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\jce.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\plugin.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\ext\dnsns.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\ext\localedata.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\ext\sunjce_provider.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\ext\sunpkcs11.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Lea\My Documents\Devel\PartyPad\lib\winlaf-0.4.1.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Lea\My Documents\Devel\PartyPad\lib\forms_rt.jar;C:\Program Files\IDEA-EAP\lib\idea_rt.jar" com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain net.kano.partypad.PartyPad

I specify these VM arguments in IDEA:
-ea -Xcheck:jni "-Djava.library.path=lib"
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

We have managed to reproduce and fix this problem. Bugfix build #429 will be uploaded today.