Change default directory for snapshots

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
masalm

Change default directory for snapshots

Post by masalm »

Is there a way to change the default directory, where snapshots are saved? I normally don't use my Homefolder on windows.
Vladimir Kondratyev

Re: Change default directory for snapshots

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

masalm wrote:Is there a way to change the default directory, where snapshots are saved? I normally don't use my Homefolder on windows.
Yes, it's possible. To set directory where captured snapshots are saved use e.g. -Xrunyjpagent:dir=C:\MyDir
masalm

Post by masalm »

Yes, it's possible. To set directory where captured snapshots are saved use e.g. -Xrunyjpagent:dir=C:\MyDir[/quote]

How can this be achieved out of IDEA 4.5 through the plugin?
Wouldn't it be easier with an option for this in the options dialog? This was the first place, I looked for it.
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

masalm wrote:Yes, it's possible. To set directory where captured snapshots are saved use e.g. -Xrunyjpagent:dir=C:\MyDir
How can this be achieved out of IDEA 4.5 through the plugin?
Wouldn't it be easier with an option for this in the options dialog? This was the first place, I looked for it.[/quote]

It cannot be achieved from UI in the version 2.5 plugin and in the currently available EAP build 405. We'll make UI for such an option in the version 3.0. As a workaround you can specify -Xrunyjagent VM option (see detailed description of options in the Help) in run configuration manually, and start application via Run action (not Profile).
Chris

Post by Chris »

I'm looking forward to trying out the extra IDEA configuration options in the upcoming build. One thing that I'd love to see here is a way to specify the current project directory as a base for the snapshot dir. Eg something like:

-Xrunyjpagent:dir=%PROJECT_DIR%/snapshots
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

Chris wrote:One thing that I'd love to see here is a way to specify the current project directory as a base for the snapshot dir. Eg something like:

-Xrunyjpagent:dir=%PROJECT_DIR%/snapshots
Great idea, we will try support some IDEA macros inside "dir" option (I'm affraid that IDEA does not expand macros by default).