Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Ultimate profiling and monitoring solution for Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

Change default directory for snapshots

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

Change default directory for snapshots

Postby masalm » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:48 am

Is there a way to change the default directory, where snapshots are saved? I normally don't use my Homefolder on windows.
masalm

Re: Change default directory for snapshots

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:55 am

masalm wrote:Is there a way to change the default directory, where snapshots are saved? I normally don't use my Homefolder on windows.

Yes, it's possible. To set directory where captured snapshots are saved use e.g. -Xrunyjpagent:dir=C:\MyDir
Vladimir Kondratyev

Postby masalm » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:57 am

Yes, it's possible. To set directory where captured snapshots are saved use e.g. -Xrunyjpagent:dir=C:\MyDir[/quote]

How can this be achieved out of IDEA 4.5 through the plugin?
Wouldn't it be easier with an option for this in the options dialog? This was the first place, I looked for it.
masalm

Postby Anton Katilin » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:06 pm

masalm wrote:Yes, it's possible. To set directory where captured snapshots are saved use e.g. -Xrunyjpagent:dir=C:\MyDir

How can this be achieved out of IDEA 4.5 through the plugin?
Wouldn't it be easier with an option for this in the options dialog? This was the first place, I looked for it.[/quote]

It cannot be achieved from UI in the version 2.5 plugin and in the currently available EAP build 405. We'll make UI for such an option in the version 3.0. As a workaround you can specify -Xrunyjagent VM option (see detailed description of options in the Help) in run configuration manually, and start application via Run action (not Profile).
Anton Katilin

Postby Chris » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:29 am

I'm looking forward to trying out the extra IDEA configuration options in the upcoming build. One thing that I'd love to see here is a way to specify the current project directory as a base for the snapshot dir. Eg something like:

-Xrunyjpagent:dir=%PROJECT_DIR%/snapshots
Chris

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:31 pm

Chris wrote:One thing that I'd love to see here is a way to specify the current project directory as a base for the snapshot dir. Eg something like:

-Xrunyjpagent:dir=%PROJECT_DIR%/snapshots

Great idea, we will try support some IDEA macros inside "dir" option (I'm affraid that IDEA does not expand macros by default).
Vladimir Kondratyev

Return to Java Profiler