IntelliJ IDEA won't start with most recent plugin

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
nala

IntelliJ IDEA won't start with most recent plugin

Post by nala »

I upgraded YourKit to 2017.02-b71, and when I started it, it offered to reinstall the plugin for IntelliJ IDEA. I clicked "OK". It put the file yourkit-for-idea.jar in my plugins directory, and said "IntelliJ IDEA plugin successfully installed"

Now, I can't start IJ IDEA. It crashes each time with an exception (stack trace at the end of the message)

I remove the file, IJ IDEA starts fine. I install the plugin (quitting first) and it wont start again.

When installing the plugin, I specify the directory (same directory that I used for the previous version of YourKit) and use the version "IDEA 13-2017"

I'm running IntelliJ IDEA 2017 3.3

I have reported the error to JetBrains, but given the symptoms, I think this is really a YourKit problem

Stack trace:

Code: Select all

Internal error. Please report to http://jb.gg/ide/critical-startup-errors

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager$StartupAbortedException: Fatal error initializing 'com.intellij.execution.ExecutorRegistry'
    at com.intellij.idea.IdeaApplication.run(IdeaApplication.java:210)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at com.intellij.idea.MainImpl$1$1.a(MainImpl.java:65)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:762)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:98)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:715)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:732)
    at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:346)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
Caused by: com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager$StartupAbortedException: Fatal error initializing 'com.intellij.execution.ExecutorRegistry'
    at com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager.handleComponentError(PluginManager.java:274)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.PlatformComponentManagerImpl.handleInitComponentError(PlatformComponentManagerImpl.java:43)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl$ComponentConfigComponentAdapter.getComponentInstance(ComponentManagerImpl.java:515)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl.createComponents(ComponentManagerImpl.java:119)
    at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.a(ApplicationImpl.java:447)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.a(CoreProgressManager.java:157)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.a(CoreProgressManager.java:543)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.executeProcessUnderProgress(CoreProgressManager.java:488)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl.executeProcessUnderProgress(ProgressManagerImpl.java:94)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.runProcess(CoreProgressManager.java:144)
    at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.createComponents(ApplicationImpl.java:454)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl.init(ComponentManagerImpl.java:103)
    at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.load(ApplicationImpl.java:406)
    at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.load(ApplicationImpl.java:392)
    at com.intellij.idea.IdeaApplication.run(IdeaApplication.java:203)
    ... 20 more
Caused by: com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.DefaultActionGroup$ActionDuplicationException: cannot add an action twice: Profile (Run selected configuration)
    at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.DefaultActionGroup.addAction(DefaultActionGroup.java:158)
    at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.DefaultActionGroup.addAction(DefaultActionGroup.java:147)
    at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.DefaultActionGroup.add(DefaultActionGroup.java:118)
    at com.intellij.execution.ExecutorRegistryImpl.a(ExecutorRegistryImpl.java:93)
    at com.intellij.execution.ExecutorRegistryImpl.initExecutor(ExecutorRegistryImpl.java:81)
    at com.intellij.execution.ExecutorRegistryImpl.initComponent(ExecutorRegistryImpl.java:162)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl$ComponentConfigComponentAdapter.getComponentInstance(ComponentManagerImpl.java:497)
    ... 32 more
Anton Katilin

Re: IntelliJ IDEA won't start with most recent plugin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hi,

We cannot reproduce the problem. The plugin works for us.

In the exception trace there is the following:

Code: Select all

Caused by: com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.DefaultActionGroup$ActionDuplicationException: cannot add an action twice: Profile (Run selected configuration)
Do you have other plugins installed that contribute a "Profile" action?
When installing the plugin, I specify the directory (same directory that I used for the previous version of YourKit) and use the version "IDEA 13-2017"
Do you explicitly specify the plugins directory instead of using the IDEA's default one?
Please try installing to the default directory only.

Best regards,
Anton
krishnafbgroup

Post by krishnafbgroup »

Does it work after disabling plugin?
nala

Post by nala »

I was putting it in the wrong plugin directory. When I used only the default plugin directory, it all works correctly.

Thank you
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Thank you for the notification.