Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Performance monitoring and profiling of Jenkins, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

IntelliJ IDEA won't start with most recent plugin

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

IntelliJ IDEA won't start with most recent plugin

Postby nala » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:07 pm

I upgraded YourKit to 2017.02-b71, and when I started it, it offered to reinstall the plugin for IntelliJ IDEA. I clicked "OK". It put the file yourkit-for-idea.jar in my plugins directory, and said "IntelliJ IDEA plugin successfully installed"

Now, I can't start IJ IDEA. It crashes each time with an exception (stack trace at the end of the message)

I remove the file, IJ IDEA starts fine. I install the plugin (quitting first) and it wont start again.

When installing the plugin, I specify the directory (same directory that I used for the previous version of YourKit) and use the version "IDEA 13-2017"

I'm running IntelliJ IDEA 2017 3.3

I have reported the error to JetBrains, but given the symptoms, I think this is really a YourKit problem

Stack trace:

Code: Select all
Internal error. Please report to http://jb.gg/ide/critical-startup-errors

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager$StartupAbortedException: Fatal error initializing 'com.intellij.execution.ExecutorRegistry'
    at com.intellij.idea.IdeaApplication.run(IdeaApplication.java:210)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at com.intellij.idea.MainImpl$1$1.a(MainImpl.java:65)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:762)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:98)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:715)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:732)
    at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:346)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
Caused by: com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager$StartupAbortedException: Fatal error initializing 'com.intellij.execution.ExecutorRegistry'
    at com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager.handleComponentError(PluginManager.java:274)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.PlatformComponentManagerImpl.handleInitComponentError(PlatformComponentManagerImpl.java:43)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl$ComponentConfigComponentAdapter.getComponentInstance(ComponentManagerImpl.java:515)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl.createComponents(ComponentManagerImpl.java:119)
    at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.a(ApplicationImpl.java:447)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.a(CoreProgressManager.java:157)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.a(CoreProgressManager.java:543)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.executeProcessUnderProgress(CoreProgressManager.java:488)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl.executeProcessUnderProgress(ProgressManagerImpl.java:94)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.runProcess(CoreProgressManager.java:144)
    at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.createComponents(ApplicationImpl.java:454)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl.init(ComponentManagerImpl.java:103)
    at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.load(ApplicationImpl.java:406)
    at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.load(ApplicationImpl.java:392)
    at com.intellij.idea.IdeaApplication.run(IdeaApplication.java:203)
    ... 20 more
Caused by: com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.DefaultActionGroup$ActionDuplicationException: cannot add an action twice: Profile (Run selected configuration)
    at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.DefaultActionGroup.addAction(DefaultActionGroup.java:158)
    at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.DefaultActionGroup.addAction(DefaultActionGroup.java:147)
    at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.DefaultActionGroup.add(DefaultActionGroup.java:118)
    at com.intellij.execution.ExecutorRegistryImpl.a(ExecutorRegistryImpl.java:93)
    at com.intellij.execution.ExecutorRegistryImpl.initExecutor(ExecutorRegistryImpl.java:81)
    at com.intellij.execution.ExecutorRegistryImpl.initComponent(ExecutorRegistryImpl.java:162)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl$ComponentConfigComponentAdapter.getComponentInstance(ComponentManagerImpl.java:497)
    ... 32 more
nala

Re: IntelliJ IDEA won't start with most recent plugin

Postby Anton Katilin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:14 am

Hi,

We cannot reproduce the problem. The plugin works for us.

In the exception trace there is the following:
Code: Select all
Caused by: com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.DefaultActionGroup$ActionDuplicationException: cannot add an action twice: Profile (Run selected configuration)

Do you have other plugins installed that contribute a "Profile" action?

When installing the plugin, I specify the directory (same directory that I used for the previous version of YourKit) and use the version "IDEA 13-2017"

Do you explicitly specify the plugins directory instead of using the IDEA's default one?
Please try installing to the default directory only.

Best regards,
Anton
Anton Katilin

Postby krishnafbgroup » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:51 pm

Does it work after disabling plugin?
krishnafbgroup

Postby nala » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:04 pm

I was putting it in the wrong plugin directory. When I used only the default plugin directory, it all works correctly.

Thank you
nala

Postby Anton Katilin » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:17 am

Thank you for the notification.
Anton Katilin

Return to Java Profiler