CANNOT HANDLE ACTIVATION REQUEST

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
RanyB

CANNOT HANDLE ACTIVATION REQUEST

Post by RanyB »

Hi,
I have valid license which I need to activate offline (no internet connection), I'm getting the following when I'm trying to get Evaluation License Key (I copied the generated URL from the server with no internet to my local server with Internet):

CANNOT HANDLE YOUR ACTIVATION REQUEST

Cannot obtain floating license: no Internet access to YourKit license server.

Please either configure proxy when you enter the license key, or host the license server inside your company network.

For the latter option, ask your license administrator to contact [email protected].

any idea?
Vladimir Kondratyev

Re: CANNOT HANDLE ACTIVATION REQUEST

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

The message says it all. Profiler UI cannot connect YourKit license server, because you are behind a firewall or proxy. You have to make sure that profiler can reach http://www.yourkit.com at port 443.

Best regards,
Vladimir Kondratyev
YourKit GmbH
http://www.yourkit.com
"Don't get lost in data, get information!"
RanyB

Post by RanyB »

Thanks for your response.
You are right, but when I tried the same for the free ACTIVATION REQUEST (for 15 days) it worked fine. do you have any idea?
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

The evaluation license is in fact a per-seat license and can be used without a direct Internet access to yourkit.com.

The floating license is different, it implies that there is Internet access to the cloud license server hosted at yourkit.com for license management.

Please either configure proxy when you enter the license key, or host the license server inside your company network.

For the latter option, ask your license administrator to contact [email protected].
RanyB

Post by RanyB »

Thanks for your reply.