Extremely minor cosmetic issue in IDEA plugin

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
RangerRob

Extremely minor cosmetic issue in IDEA plugin

Post by RangerRob »

This is something completely non-fuctional and not effecting the profiling integration of YourKit in any way so I feel really pretty silly raising it but I hope you don't mind!! Have you ever hovered over the YourKit profile icon in the IDEA icon bar long enough to bring up the description? I did that for the first time today and noticed it has an "alt" of "Profile", however there is at least one space after "Profile " which none of the other bar icons have.

Not urgent and possibly not even worth fixing but it was just something silly that I noticed.
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

This space is intentional. Without it, if someone installs both YourKit and JProfiler plugins, there will be a conflict of actions generated by IDEA for the Profile category (both named "Profile"). Unfortunately, IDEA uses the name shown to user ("Run", "Debug", "Profile") as an ID in this regard, and the space is a workaround to make them "unique".
RangerRob

Post by RangerRob »

Ahh ok I can understand that... what I can't understand is why anyone would want to use JProfiler if they already have YourKit!! ;)
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Ahh ok I can understand that... what I can't understand is why anyone would want to use JProfiler if they already have YourKit!!
May they are those who move to YourKit :)