Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Ultimate profiling and monitoring solution for Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

9.5 EAP - looking good so far

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

9.5 EAP - looking good so far

Postby plethora » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:12 pm

I just noticed today, by chance, that a new EAP has started.

I'm very impressed to see that you've implemented a feature that I've wished for for many years: on demand attach-and-profile.
I cannot count the number of times that some process/test/application was showing bad performance, and I was thinking "if only I started this with a profiler agent".
I'm not sure if you're the first commercial vendor that provides this feature, but if you are, I commend you :)

The only thing I wish for is a more high-level presentation of probes.
Something like spring insight, showing top-level HTTP calls, with child tree elements for transactions, in turn containing individual database events.
Note that top-level nodes could also be executing integration tests. Child elements could be JMS operations, or outgoing HTTP/REST calls.

Such a high level view - together with the new live attach capability - would cause me to have the profile GUI running all the time, I think.
Add a view for displaying response times of an HTTP endpoint (averages, worst n%), and I'd happily give you my credit card for a license upgrade already.

Of course, such a more monitoring/insight-oriented focus would be in addition (not instead of) to the old, trusted in-detail CPU/heap analysis features.

Anyway, good job so far!
plethora

Return to Java Profiler