Yourkit Profiler and JDK5

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
saqibsaleem

Yourkit Profiler and JDK5

Post by saqibsaleem »

Hi Guys.

What is the ETA for being able to launch the profiler UI under JDK5? Sun have issued the JDK5 RC now.
Vladimir Kondratyev

Re: Yourkit Profiler and JDK5

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

Actually there are a lot of problems with new Swing. We are using numerous hacks to make Swing work, and many of them are broken in J2SDK 5.0. As soon as we are finish all major features, we will port our UI to JDK 5.0
RangerRob

Post by RangerRob »

Do you know if the problems in the new Swing have been fixed now JDK 5.0 has been officially released and is no longer in Release Candidate or Beta form?? I've heard a lot of good things with regards to the speed and resource efficiency of the new JRE... are these offset by the inherent problems in the new Swing engine?? For what it's worth JetBrains also have issues with adopting the new 5.0 JRE as the default runtime for IDEA because of problems it has on the Mac (although obviously it has full JDK 5.0 support).
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

The latest version 3.0 already works with JDK 5.0
RangerRob

Post by RangerRob »

Thanks for the information, I think I must have misunderstood your previous post. I know that v3 can profile JDK 5.0 applications, I thought you were talking about having problems running YourKit on JRE 5.0 not profiling under it (like IDEA works fine developing with JDK 5.0 but because of the issues remaining with Mac support of 5.0 they cannot provide IDEA running on JRE 5.0 - although it will run on that). My apologies for the misunderstanding!