[EAP 604] IDE Integration Usability

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
Sascha Weinreuter

[EAP 604] IDE Integration Usability

Post by Sascha Weinreuter »

I've noticed that with each Profile-Run there is another YourKit UI instance being opened. This is quite inconvenient. It should recognize that an instance is already running and it should also provide a possibility to start the UI manually (i.e. to deactive the automatic launch completely) either per run-config or IDE-wide. Personally I prefered the second "Launch YourKit UI" button of the 4.0 version.

The automatically started YourKit UI should also recognize when a profiled process terminates. When it does and has automatically captured a CPU and/or memory snapshot, it should open this right away (or ask which one to open if both are saved).
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello Sascha
I've noticed that with each Profile-Run there is another YourKit UI instance being opened. This is quite inconvenient. It should recognize that an instance is already running and it should also provide a possibility to start the UI manually (i.e. to deactive the automatic launch completely) either per run-config or IDE-wide. Personally I prefered the second "Launch YourKit UI" button of the 4.0 version.
We'll make in the next build the automatic launch of the profiler UI an option. In IDEA, it will be per run configuration; setting this option for the default configuration will make its value inherited by newly created run configurations.
The automatically started YourKit UI should also recognize when a profiled process terminates. When it does and has automatically captured a CPU and/or memory snapshot, it should open this right away (or ask which one to open if both are saved).
Thank you for the great suggestion. Request is added.

Best regards,
Anton