[EAP 602] Integration with IDE broken

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
vhrmo

[EAP 602] Integration with IDE broken

Post by vhrmo »

I use IDEA 4.5.3 with EAP YouurKit 4.5 build 602. After taking memory snapshot, the integration with IDE doesn't work e.g. on 'Open Declaration in IDE editor' it displays message: Cannot connect to IDE ...

I just installed the profiler and installed the plug-in in IDEA so all config should be. Reinstalling plugin didn't help.

I also noticed that there is not a button to open YourKit UI from IDEA (I think it used to be there in toolbar). Could be maybe configurable.
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

I use IDEA 4.5.3 with EAP YouurKit 4.5 build 602. After taking memory snapshot, the integration with IDE doesn't work e.g. on 'Open Declaration in IDE editor' it displays message: Cannot connect to IDE ...
It seems that you are launching profiler UI not from IDEA. Yes, in this case "Navigate to..." actions will not work. It's intented. But current error message is not informative and confusing. We'll fix error message in the next EAP build .
I also noticed that there is not a button to open YourKit UI from IDEA (I think it used to be there in toolbar). Could be maybe configurable.
We have dropped "Launch profiler UI" action from IDEA toolbar, because UI is automatically launched when you click on "Profile" button. Moreover, UI now automatically connects to launched application.
vhrmo

Post by vhrmo »

Hi

I retried it and it doesn't work even when the profiler is open from IDE.

I also noticed quite anoying behaviour of the tree table used in YourKit profiler. When I expand tree node, it first makes previous selection visible, then changes the selection and makes the new one visible. This causes anoyance when previous selection is not visible as the view scrolls. Easy way to reproduce it is to open snapshot containing many lines. Select line at the beginning and scroll down with mouse wheel until the selection is not visible. Then expand any tree node. After this the expanded tree node moves from bellow the mouse to the bottom border of the tree table view. I would prefer this to remain still.

Other very minor thing is the horizontal scroll bar doesn't scroll the whole page when clicking between the tracker and scrollbar arrow.

Vladimir
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

I retried it and it doesn't work even when the profiler is open from IDE.
Works fine for me here.

Could you please send logs found in user_home/.yjp/logs, as well as the user_home/ide-integration.config file to [email protected]
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Finally we managed to reproduce the problem.

The fix will be availble in the next build.