Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Performance monitoring and profiling of Jenkins, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

how to start profiler on Solaris

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

how to start profiler on Solaris

Postby masteve00 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:10 am

When I tried to start the profiler from the GUI, it stated "No Application Being Profiled Found". I was able to go to Tools > Integrate with J2EE Server and create a new yjp startup script. I then successfully started the server with the new script. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
masteve00

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:22 am

If profiler is properly integrated with your J2EE server, you should see a message from profiler agent with port number which agent listens. Please try to connect to you J2EE server as to remote application at localhost:port_number.

One of the reasons why agent cannot be found by profiler UI is that J2EE server runs under different user.
Vladimir Kondratyev

Postby masteve00 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:51 pm

Problem solved! Somehow when creating a new startup script, it didn't add the profiler agent info to the JAVA_OPTIONS. I had to add it manually.
masteve00

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:31 pm

Please send us (at [email protected]) your initial and modified startup scripts. It will help a lot to find a problem.

Thank you in advance,
Vladimir
Vladimir Kondratyev

Return to Java Profiler