Assertion failed: cpuInfo->myEntryCount !=0

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
pls198

Assertion failed: cpuInfo->myEntryCount !=0

Post by pls198 »

I am using YourKit to profile an application running on Weblogic 8.1.
I connect to the application remotely and am able to successfully use the CPU sampling. When I start method level tracing I receive an error popup:

Assertion failed: cpuInfo->myEntryCount !=0, file EventHandler.cpp line 121.

Windows 2000 Professional
WebLogic 8.1 sp2
JDK 1.4.2_06
TibcoEMS 4.1.10
YourKit 4.0.8 (build 554)
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

Thanks you very much for your bug report. We are insvestigating this issue. BTW, it would help a lot, if you provide any hints how to reproduce this error.

Regards,
Vladimir
pls198

Post by pls198 »

Vladimir,

The assertion fails as soon as I connect the profiler. It is reproducible every time, I can connect/disconnect/reconnect with CPU sampling but as soon as I connect with method level tracing the assertion failed error occurs.

If I can provide any other information that would be of use please let me know.

Regards,

Paul
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello Paul

Thank you very much for the details. Unfortunately we didn't manage to reproduce the problem. Analyzing the code, we also have no idea how (even theoretically) this assertion can happen.

Could you please try the following:

1. Make sure the agent is indeed from build 554. To do this, please check the line in console of profiled application that should be like
[YourKit Java Profiler xxx]

2. Is this problem reproducible with any other Java application on your machine? E.g. could you please try SwingSet2 standart JDK demo.

3. If it is possible, could you please try running your application with any other Java version to see if it makes any difference.

Best regards,
Anton
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello Paul

FYI: the code related to that assertion is totally rewritten in the upcoming build 620, so that assertion should never happen again.

Best regards,
Anton