Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Ultimate profiling and monitoring solution for Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

Eclipse & Websphere 8.5 Integration

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

Eclipse & Websphere 8.5 Integration

Postby moffit » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Hello,

I have recently purchased the YourKit Java profiler.

After I install the Eclipse plugin with Eclipse Kepler, I do not see a profile option for my Websphere 8.5 server.

I tried the stand-alone integration option, which works to an extent, but I cannot see any of my own application classes when I do it that way (it's as if it can see my deployed EAR file which is setup through Eclipse-Websphere integration).

How to you profile Websphere 8.5 through the IDE? Your help file does not include specific steps for this.

If I right-click on the Enterprise project, and select new profile configuration, there is no server available in the Server drop-down selector, even though I do have a server configured in the server's view.

Do you have a working Eclipse/YourKit/Websphere 8.5 integration scenario that works?
moffit

Re: Eclipse & Websphere 8.5 Integration

Postby Anton Katilin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:48 pm

Hi,

What kind of run configuration is this? Can you provide a screenshot of run/debug dialog showing your configuration? (Please send it to support@yourkit.com if it's easier for you.)

As a simple workaround please try:
- use the standalone EE server integration wizard (as you did)
- choose the Generic server option instead
- manually add the generated VM option -agentpath to WebSphere VM options in Eclipse
- run the server from within Eclipse as you usually do

Best regards,
Anton
Anton Katilin

Return to Java Profiler