Problems with tables

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
detorres

Problems with tables

Post by detorres »

In the New Objects/Class tree table, I am unable to resize columns. When I try to resize, no resize cursor appears, and the columns move instead.

Also, when I move a column and release the mouse button, the sort changes.

Also, I tried to right-click on a column to see if there was any pop-up, and that also changed the sort.

-Andy
Vladimir Kondratyev

Re: Problems with tables

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

detorres wrote:In the New Objects/Class tree table, I am unable to resize columns. When I try to resize, no resize cursor appears, and the columns move instead.

Also, when I move a column and release the mouse button, the sort changes.

Also, I tried to right-click on a column to see if there was any pop-up, and that also changed the sort.

-Andy
Columns are intentionally non resizable. Columns with numbers already have minimum size therefore column with tree has maximum (and has scroll bar if necessary). At least it's not clear for what purpose to make columns narrower then their minimum widths.

I cannot reproduce changing sorting order when moving columns. Couldn't you please provide step-by-step description how to repeat this problem, because there is already a code that should prevent it. BTW, are you running Linux or Windows?

Right mouse click: you are absolutely right. We will add pop-up menu to table header and remove sorting by right click.
detorres

Post by detorres »

I see that you can scroll the class name column. I was expecting to be able to resize the columns so I could see more of the class name. I just expected different behavior. For example, I'm really not interested in many of the columns, so it's a little inconvenient to have them taking up so much space and have to use a scrollbar way down at the bottom of the screen. But this is a personal preferrence.
detorres

Post by detorres »

I think I have the steps figured out.

I am looking at "All Objects" for a memory snapshot.
I have the frame maximized, so the "Name" column is very wide.
I am sorting by "Shallow Size".
If I drag "Objects" left over "Name", at some point "Name" shifts right and creates a space to the left for "Objects".
If I drop "Objects" in the space, there is no problem (still sorted on "Shallow Size".
But if I drop it on top of "Name", it ends up in the right place, but it now sorts on "Name".

The "Name" column must be picking up the mouse release when the drop overlaps the "Name" column. That's my guess.

(I'm on Windows XP.)

-Andy
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

detorres wrote:I think I have the steps figured out.

I am looking at "All Objects" for a memory snapshot.
I have the frame maximized, so the "Name" column is very wide.
I am sorting by "Shallow Size".
If I drag "Objects" left over "Name", at some point "Name" shifts right and creates a space to the left for "Objects".
If I drop "Objects" in the space, there is no problem (still sorted on "Shallow Size".
But if I drop it on top of "Name", it ends up in the right place, but it now sorts on "Name".

The "Name" column must be picking up the mouse release when the drop overlaps the "Name" column. That's my guess.

(I'm on Windows XP.)

-Andy
Andy,

thank you very much for great description. All these problems should be fixed in build #411 which will be available soon.