Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Performance monitoring and profiling of Jenkins, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

Find path from GC Roots, new option and export

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

Find path from GC Roots, new option and export

Postby masalm » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:46 am

"Find path from GC Roots":
It would be great to have an option to find the x largest instances.

An export option for the result of that search would be really useful. Perhaps in XML-Format.
masalm

Postby masalm » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:19 am

I just saw, that there is a HTML-Export-Option in 512. Great.
masalm

Postby CT » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:59 pm

The export to HTML is nice, but I do think the export to XML would be a really nice feature....
CT

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:16 pm

How are you going to use paths exported to XML?
Vladimir Kondratyev

Nice feature... but may be improved a little

Postby catalin » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:15 am

Hi guys,

This is really a nice feature...
But there is a small little thing to make it even more useful: make the follow of weak references optional.
It's nice that weak references are not considered when doing that "soft" GC on the snapshot, but I am is the situation where I have an object that is referenced through a strong reference and hundreds of weak references.
In "Find path from GC Roots", I see all the references, including weak ones, and it's very time consuming to check each one, to see if it's weak or not (actually, I assume it's weak because it in the "value" field of an entry of a WeakHashMap).
catalin

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:42 pm

Profiler should not show paths via Weak and Soft references. Could you please provide an example (snapshot file) which demonstrates the problem.
Vladimir Kondratyev

Return to Java Profiler