Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Ultimate profiling and monitoring solution for Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

Start up and repaint delay

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

Start up and repaint delay

Postby detorres » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:37 pm

There's a very significant delay at start up and any time the frame is completely covered and uncovered during which the contents of the frame are completely gray. I am using JDK 1.4.2_04 on Windows XP (with less than a screaming machine). Have you seen this problem? Are you using the system look and feel? I don't know if it has anything to do with XP, but I discovered that creating LARGE buttons is very slow with the XP look and feel. Maybe there are other problems with it that are slowing down YJP.

-Andy
detorres

Re: Start up and repaint delay

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:22 am

detorres wrote:There's a very significant delay at start up and any time the frame is completely covered and uncovered during which the contents of the frame are completely gray. I am using JDK 1.4.2_04 on Windows XP (with less than a screaming machine). Have you seen this problem? Are you using the system look and feel? I don't know if it has anything to do with XP, but I discovered that creating LARGE buttons is very slow with the XP look and feel. Maybe there are other problems with it that are slowing down YJP.

-Andy

Are you experienced with such delays only when stopwatch is displayed on the backgroud (or even if snapshot file is opened)?
Vladimir Kondratyev

Postby detorres » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:26 pm

It looks like it's only when the stopwatch is displayed. CPU load goes to 100% (on Windows XP) for as long as about 10 seconds sometimes.
detorres

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:20 pm

detorres wrote:It looks like it's only when the stopwatch is displayed. CPU load goes to 100% (on Windows XP) for as long as about 10 seconds sometimes.

Thank you for pointing direction to dig. BTW, couldn't you please do the following:

- launch profiler with yjpagent with CPU profiling enabled
- 3-4 time repeate the delay
- capture CPU snapshot
- send us this zipped snapshot.

this CPU snapshot would be very useful for us, because in our environment everything is fast enought, so I suppose that Java2D works a bit different in our case (perhaps hardware acceleration in a problem)
Vladimir Kondratyev

Return to Java Profiler