Large Remote Snapshot broken

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
masalm

Large Remote Snapshot broken

Post by masalm »

I tried taking a really large Memory Snapsshot (>300MB) while remote profiling an application in Tomcat 5.0.24.

It took a long time. When the progress bar reached 49% it stopped and saved the snapshot.
But when I try to open this snapshot, YourKit tells me, it isn't a correct snapshot. :evil:
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

What build are you using? BTW, I didn't catch whether progress reached 100%? Also please make sure that profiler agent and profiler UI are from the same build.
masalm

Post by masalm »

Vladimir Kondratyev wrote:What build are you using?

I'm using build 504.
Vladimir Kondratyev wrote:BTW, I didn't catch wheather progress reached 100%?

No. It never reached 100%. It stopped at 49%, saved the file and the progress bar disappeared.
Vladimir Kondratyev wrote:Also please make sure that profiler agent and profiler UI are from the same build.
They are definetly from the same build.

Another large snapshot did work. There the progress bar also didn't get beyond 49%. But the snapshot was ok.

I think you have a timing problem with large snapshots over a network connection.
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

Please send us (at [email protected]) log files that are located at .yjp/logs directory. Also we'll add some extra logging in the next build to track the problem.
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

As well, could you please try whether the problem is reproducible with the latest build 508?
masalm

Post by masalm »

I just send the logfile via email.

I'll try snapshotting again on thursday with your newest build, when a new profiling session is planned.