YourKit .NET Profiler 2023.5 Early Access Program
YourKit Early Access Program or EAP is the easiest way to get in touch with the latest technologies from YourKit. You can have early access to new products and internal builds.
NOTE: THIS IS PREVIEW SOFTWARE AIMED AT PROVIDING YOU WITH AN OPPORTUNITY TO TEST THE NEWEST FEATURES SCHEDULED FOR THE NEXT MAJOR RELEASE. YOURKIT DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THIS SOFTWARE WILL RUN TROUBLE-FREE. USING THIS SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND DOES NOT ENTITLE YOU TO ANY CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
Your comments, suggestions and bug reports are welcome. In the forum you can discuss product features with YourKit developers and post bug reports.
- Version: 2023.5
- Build: #201
- Released: May 26, 2023
Changes in version 2023.5
- .NET support
- YourKit Connection Broker
- User interface
- IDE integration
- feature .NET 7 is supported.
- feature .NET Framework 4.8.1 is supported.
YourKit Connection Broker
- improvement Profiler UI obtains the list of profiled applications much faster.
- improvement Stability of the connection to the broker is greatly improved.
- improvement We have improved the network communication protocol between the UI and the profiler agent. As the result, fewer data is transferred over the network and synchronization is performed faster.
- feature The user interface of Performance charts view has been refactored and modernized. It works faster. The tooltips do not overlap the graphs. It is possible to collapse the drawer with performance charts tree to save horizontal space for graphs. You can simultaneously see the uptime and the clock time of the events.
- feature Performance charts: New action in the toolbar allows to explicitly control auto-scrolling behavior of performance charts.
- feature Performance charts: New action in the toolbar helps to smooth out short-term fluctuations on graphs. This is extremely useful for visualizing of fast changing data.
- feature Performance charts: There are new actions , and in the charts' toolbar to quickly change the range of visible data.
- feature Performance charts: The duration of events has nanosecond precision.
- feature Export of performance charts to CSV format now has clock time column in addition to uptime.
feature It is now possible to
zoom in and zoom out the performance charts by
Ctrl + Mouse wheelscrolling.
- feature There is a new interface control for scrolling the scaling the performance charts.
- improvement Profiler UI is much snappier when synchronizes with the profiler agent. Many operations have been moved to the background tasks, that make UI faster and more responsive.
- improvement UI on Linux uses OpenGL by default. This greatly increases the speed of the user interface and improves the UX.
- improvement UI on macOS utilizes Metal rendering framework. This greatly increases the speed of the user interface and improves the UX.
- improvement Method list in the snapshot comparison opens much faster.
- fix Bugs that caused numerous problems when synchronizing the UI with a profiling agent have been fixed.
- fix The list of monitored applications on the Welcome screen now better keeps scroll position after refresh. This issue was extremely annoying when hundreds of the profiled applications were exposed through the YourKit Connection Broker.
- fix Fixed issues which led to performance degradation when profiler UI was connected to the application for a long time.
OutOfMemoryExceptionmight happen when profiler UI was connected to the application for a long time.
- fix Method list in the snapshot comparison could contain duplicate entries.
- fix Action Select All in the popup menu of Threads view might crash.
- improvement The user experience of Visual Studio plugin installation has been greatly improved. Profiler gracefully handles corner cases, that may arise during the installation of the plugin.
- feature JetBrains Rider 2023.1 is supported.
- feature MongoDB C# Driver 2.19 is supported.
- improvement We have improved YourKit's snapshot format to achieve faster snapshot loading and better compatibility with the upcoming profiler versions.
- caveat Support of .NET Core 3.0 and 3.1 has been discontinued.