- Troubleshooting: profiled application
- Profiled application fails to start: 'Error occurred during initialization of VM. Could not find agent library on the library path or in the local directory: yjpagent'
- Profiled application fails to start as Windows service
- I get 'java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space'
- Troubleshooting: working with the profiler
Profiled application fails to start as Windows service
First, check that profiler agent is properly loaded.
Error messages can help troubleshooting the startup failure. Please check whether your server logs contain related errors. To find out where the console output is redirected to, check the server settings.
The profiler agent writes logs to file
<user home>/.yjp/log/<session name>-<PID>.log
Please note that Windows service is usually started under special user,
thus the logs are located in that special user's home directory.
For example, it can be
If you have difficulties finding the log file directory,
create the log in an arbitrary easily accessible directory instead, e.g.
using the startup option logdir.
Some JEE servers can be configured to start with enabled debugger,
by specifying VM options such as
Due to limitations of current JVMs, a profiler agent needs to undertake special measures
to successfully start alongside with debugger.
The profiler agent inside a Windows service cannot automatically detect the debugger,
thus a startup option
withdebugger must be explicitly specified.