- Troubleshooting: profiled application
- Troubleshooting: working with the profiler
- UI rendering issues on Linux: black, corrupted, improperly repainting window
- 'Connect to remote application' cannot find profiled application
- Local applications are not shown
- Profiled application crashes capturing memory snapshots
- OutOfMemoryError in the profiler UI
- Not enough disk space for temporary files
- Memory snapshot opens too slowly
- Eclipse plugin is installed, but 'Profile' menu items are still disabled
- Wrong icon or font sizes in the profiler UI when using 150% display scale
Memory snapshot opens too slowly
Opening a big memory snapshot sometimes takes a lot of time. Usually it is normal due to the fact that some complex calculations are to be made by the profiler while loading the snapshot.
Still you can use the following solutions to make snapshot opening faster.
While loading a snapshot, try to avoid simultaneous running of other applications which use much memory. Running such applications in parallel increases virtual memory swapping which leads to overall system performance degradation.
For the same reason, consider using a machine with more physical memory (RAM) available.