- System requirements
- Profiler architecture
- Running the profiler
- Profiler activation
- Running applications with the profiler
- Connect to profiled application
- Troubleshoot connection problems
- Solving performance problems
- CPU profiling
- Deadlock detector
- Memory profiling
- Garbage collection
- Monitor profiling
- Exception profiling
- Probes: monitor events of various kinds
- Events in user interface
- Event inspections
- Built-in probes
- Probe classes
- Monitoring method invocation events
- Data storage
- Performance Charts
- Inspections: automatic recognition of typical problems
- Automatically trigger actions on event
- Summary, snapshot annotation, automatic deobfuscation
- IDE integration
- Time measurement (CPU time, wall time)
- Snapshot directory customization
- Export of profiling results to HTML, CSV, XML, plain text
- Profiler Java API
- Profiler HTTP API
- Command line tool to control profiling
- FAQ: How to profile in my scenario?
This built-in probe records AWT/Swing events longer than 0.3 second, which can cause UI irresponsiveness.
Problem detection: irresponsive UI
If a long operation is performed directly in the event queue thread, UI may become irresponsive: do not redraw, do not accept user input etc.
Good practice is to perform long operations in a separate thread, and use the event queue to present prepared results only.
For analysis of the results provided by this probe, select AWT event in probes table and apply CPU usage estimation.
Source code location
<Profiler Installation Directory>/probes/src