- System requirements
- Profiler architecture
- Running the profiler
- Profiler activation
- Start profiling
- IDE integration
- Java server integration wizard
- Attach profiler to a running application
- Attaching from profiler UI
- Console attach wizard
- Remote profiling
- Enabling profiling manually
- Startup options
- Connect to profiled application
- Profiling troubleshooting
- Profiling overhead: how to reduce or avoid
- Solving performance problems
- CPU profiling
- Deadlock detector
- Memory profiling
- Garbage collection
- Monitor profiling
- Exception profiling
- Probes: monitor events of various kinds
- Performance Charts
- Inspections: automatic recognition of typical problems
- Automatically trigger actions on event
- Summary, snapshot annotation, automatic deobfuscation
- Time measurement (CPU time, wall time)
- Snapshot directory customization
- Export of profiling results to HTML, CSV, XML, plain text
- Profiler Java API
- Profiler HTTP API
- Command line tool to control profiling
- FAQ: How to profile in my scenario?
Console attach wizard
Console wizard might be useful if you want to profile remote Java server or the machine has no graphics environment.
Running the wizard
Install profiler on the machine where your Java application is running. License key is not required to use the wizard.
Run the command below:
<Profiler Installation Directory>\bin\attach.bat
<Profiler Installation Directory>\bin\attach.bat <PID>
<Profiler Installation Directory>\bin\attach.bat <PID> <startup_options>
<Profiler Installation Directory>/Contents/Resources/bin/attach.sh
<Profiler Installation Directory>/Contents/Resources/bin/attach.sh <PID>
<Profiler Installation Directory>/Contents/Resources/bin/attach.sh <PID> <startup_options>
On other platforms
<directory with unpacked content>/bin/attach.sh
<directory with unpacked content>/bin/attach.sh <PID>
<directory with unpacked content>/bin/attach.sh <PID> <startup_options>
<PID>is an optional parameter.
Specify it to immediately attach the agent to particular application.
<PID> is not specified,
the wizard will show the list of running JVMs
and offer to choose to which JVM to connect.
is an optional parameter to specify additional startup options.
<PID> parameter is not specified,
the wizard will offer to specify startup options.
Follow the instructions that will appear:
After the profiler agent is attached, its port will be printed out. Use this port number to connect to the application and start profiling.