- System requirements
- Profiler architecture
- Running the profiler
- Profiler activation
- Start profiling
- Connect to profiled application
- Capturing snapshots
- Solving performance problems
- CPU profiling
- Memory profiling
- Garbage collection
- Exception profiling
- Probes: monitor higher level events
- Performance Charts
- Inspections: automatic recognition of typical problems
- Automatically trigger actions on event
- Summary, snapshot annotation, automatic deobfuscation
- Time measurement (CPU time, wall time)
- Snapshot directory customization
- Export of profiling results to HTML, CSV, XML, plain text
- Profiler API
- Profiler HTTP API
- Command line tool to control profiling
Automatically trigger actions on event
The triggers allow you to configure actions to be automatically performed on following events:
- high CPU usage
- high memory usage
The possible actions include:
- log events to console, file, agent log
- control profiling
- capture snapshots
Triggers in user interface
When you are connected to the profiled application, click toolbar button to view or change the triggers.
How to specify triggers on startup
To specify triggers to be applied from profiled application start, use startup option
which points to a file with trigger description (see below).
If the option is not specified, the trigger description is read from
where user home corresponds to the account under which a profiled application is launched.
By default, that file does not exist, thus no triggers are applied.
The triggers description format
The trigger description file is a text file in UTF-8. It contains the list of events and corresponding actions. The lines describing the actions start with space characters.
event_name [parameters...] action_name [parameters...] action_name [parameters...] ... event_name [parameters...] action_name [parameters...] action_name [parameters...] ... ...
Instead of manually forming the description, please use the "Edit Triggers" dialog (see above): configure necessary triggers and actions, then use export actions in popup menu.