- System requirements
- Profiler architecture
- Running the profiler
- Profiler activation
- Start profiling
- Connect to profiled application
- Capturing snapshots
- Solving performance problems
- CPU profiling
- Memory profiling
- Memory telemetry
- Object allocation recording
- Shallow and retained sizes
- Memory views
- Memory inspections
- Comparing memory snapshots
- Values of primitive types
- Useful actions
- Garbage collection
- Exception profiling
- Probes: monitor higher level events
- Performance Charts
- Inspections: automatic recognition of typical problems
- Automatically trigger actions on event
- Summary, snapshot annotation, automatic deobfuscation
- Time measurement (CPU time, wall time)
- Snapshot directory customization
- Export of profiling results to HTML, CSV, XML, plain text
- Profiler API
- Profiler HTTP API
- Command line tool to control profiling
Use popup menu and main menu to see what actions are enabled in particular context.
Memory | Quick Info (Ctrl+Q) - Quick info view shows detail on selected object(s).
Memory | Instances by Class... (Ctrl+N) - shows instances of a class after you specify its name.
Hint: You can also use this action to get quick info on the number of instances of a particular class: just type in the class name, and the instance count will appear next to the class name in the lookup list. Then hit ESC to close the lookup window, or press Enter to open the new tab.
Memory | Selected Objects (F4) - shows selected live objects in a new tab. Works in any memory view if the selection represents live objects.
Memory | Paths from GC Roots... (Ctrl+P) - finds paths from GC roots to the objects represented within the current selection. Works in any memory view if the selection represents live objects.
Memory | Strings by Pattern... (Ctrl+F) - shows instances of
System.String, char array and byte array matching the given text pattern. This can be useful to locate particular objects if their fields refer to a known string or a char sequence.
Tools | Open in IDE (F7) - opens the currently selected class, field or method in the IDE editor. See IDE integration.
Memory | Method Merged Callees (Ctrl+M) - shows merged callees of the selected method.
Memory | Method Back Traces (Ctrl+Shift+M) - shows back traces of the selected method.