- System requirements
- Profiler architecture
- Running the profiler
- Profiler activation
- Start profiling
- Connect to profiled application
- Capturing snapshots
- Solving performance problems
- CPU profiling
- Memory profiling
- Garbage collection
- Exception profiling
- Probes: monitor higher level events
- Performance Charts
- Inspections: automatic recognition of typical problems
- Automatically trigger actions on event
- Summary, snapshot annotation, automatic deobfuscation
- Time measurement (CPU time, wall time)
- Snapshot directory customization
- Export of profiling results to HTML, CSV, XML, plain text
- Profiler API
- Profiler HTTP API
- Command line tool to control profiling
Optimizing memory usage
How to find out why application eats that much memory?
- Run application with the profiler
- Connect to the application. DO NOT record allocations as they are not needed to solve this task.
Capture memory snapshot.
To identify the moment when to capture the snapshot, use Telemetry to see when and how the used memory grows.
- Open the snapshot and use the objects view