- System requirements
- Profiler architecture
- Running the profiler
- Profiler activation
- Start profiling
- Connect to profiled application
- Capturing snapshots
- Solving performance problems
- CPU profiling
- Memory profiling
- Garbage collection
- Exception profiling
- Probes: monitor higher level events
- Performance Charts
- Inspections: automatic recognition of typical problems
- Automatically trigger actions on event
- Summary, snapshot annotation, automatic deobfuscation
- Time measurement (CPU time, wall time)
- Snapshot directory customization
- Export of profiling results to HTML, CSV, XML, plain text
- Profiler API
- Profiler HTTP API
- Command line tool to control profiling
The profiler API allows you to control profiling programmatically.
Please find API documentation here
The profiler API NuGet package file is located in
<Profiler Installation Directory>/api/.
You can use it from there or copy into other location,
<Profiler Installation Directory>/license-redist.txt for redistribution options.
Reference the directory and profiler API package in your project like this:
<PropertyGroup> <RestoreSources>$(RestoreSources);$(Profiler_Installation_Directory)/api/;</RestoreSources> </PropertyGroup> <ItemGroup> <PackageReference Include="YourKit.Profiler.Api" Version="*"/> </ItemGroup>
To control profiling programmatically, please also consider HTTP API. Using language neutral tools might be more convenient and simpler in some cases.